History Day is an annual competition where a person or team presents a chosen history topic to a team of judges.
The theme for 2022 is: Debate & Diplomacy in History: Successes, Failures, Consequences.
We will have the preliminary competition in the first week of November. Everyone will participate. The top team from all the classes will move on to History Day LA, where they will represent Aspire Pacific Academy.
You will have time to work on your poster board in class and I will be there to help you. The college counselors and one member of the admin team will serve as judges in the competition.
Now, think and write…
- What historical topic do I already know a little about and want to learn more about?
- What is my favorite historical figure or historical event?
History Day Rubric
Below is the rubric that your judges will use to evaluate your History Day project. Your project falls under the “Exhibit” category.
A video on History Day!
History Day Process Paper
Your process paper is an important part of the project. Here are the components of your process paper
(500 words, 4-5 Paragraphs)
- How did you get the idea for this topic?
- Where did you go for your research? What types of sources (newspapers, documents, interviews, etc.) did you use?
- How has your understanding of this topic changed as you have worked on your research?
- How did you put your presentation together? What skills did you learn?
- How does your topic relate to the theme “Debate and Diplomacy” Why is this topic important in history?
Below are two examples of how you can write your process paper: