Note: This post is geared towards my 2020-2021 Santa Monica Adult School students. If you are an adult resident of LA County interested in registering, click here.
As an adult ESL student, I imagine you have big goals attached to learning English. I am here to help you with your goals. Together we will go very far! Follow the following steps to make sure you are ready for success.
Steps for success in ESL Beginning High Class
- Sign up to my class on Remind. I will post important announcements and reminders. You can also send me messages and pictures.
- Join the ESL Beginning High Google Classroom. The Google Classroom has content I can not post anywhere else! You can use this link or use the code 36ktnr2.
- Join my classroom on Newsela. Reading at least an article a week will help you improve your comprehension, while keeping up with the news.
- Do at least 70% of the English in Action Workbook and/or the English in Action myELT platform. More details on myELT will be coming shortly.
- Read at least three articles on Newsela or a book a week.
- There are many ways to find books. Check out my article on resources or, read some out-of-print books from the Beauty in Education Library Vault.
- If you read a book, submit a summary/rating on Google Classroom or in the box below: