Hello everyone! I am delighted to have met you all on this first week at school here at Aspire Pacific Academy. Here is a review of the class expectations and grading guidelines for the class for your reference.
- Come to class on time and prepared with at least paper and a pencil/pen. A notebook or 3 ring binder is recommended.
- Respect everyone in the class.
- Try your best and always try to go above and beyond.
- Keep masks on the whole time (sips of water are OK) and maintain 3ft social distancing guidelines.
- Assignments in this class are either complete or incomplete. Complete assignments are considered to be worth 100% of the possible points. If you only turn in a rough draft but it is substantial, you MAY get 50% of the credit.
- Your grade in the class is worth a percentage of the tasks completed. There may be a final project at the end of the class, which would be worth +/- one letter grade. Your participation or lack of participation is also worth +/- one letter grade.
- All work is due on Monday (But, there is no final due date. Everything is ongoing and can be made up.) All corrections that I have available will be given on Friday. Use Friday to make any corrections to your assignments.
- Examples of the work you complete in this class include:
- Regular Classwork
- Grammar Exercises
- Weekly Book Report
Guidelines for Weekly Book Report
8th grade: At least 3 paragraphs long. Outline:
- Book Summary
- What you liked and didn’t like. Include your favorite part.
- Star rating and whether or not you’d recommend this book.
9th grade: At least 4 paragraphs long. Outline:
- Book Summary
- Who the audience for this book is.
- What you liked and didn’t like. Include your favorite part and your least favorite part.
- Star Rating and whether or not you would recommend this book